Our Home our Haven

Our Home our Haven

Sunday, April 6, 2014

                                                             Long time between posts

Our first change of news is that instead of retiring in  about 8 weeks we will be working another year, we are used to the idea now and it gives us more preparation time, to be honest, I was struggling with letting go of my office .Those that have followed me know that I work in Gods own office in the countryside on my mail run. Our contract actually  finished in 2015 so it is no surprise that things would not work out the way we thought. Now we have a better chance of being better off financially as well as still having Mum full time we can't go anywhere yet so may as well be at work( well that's my reckoning lol).
 Our area has been in drought for a long time now, and just the last couple of weeks we were blessed with rain, so now the creeks are slowly starting to trickle again, although so much more is needed.

                                                              Refreshing waters are back......
 The little waterfall without all its splendor,it has looked this way for months.
Usually I have to carefully drive through water here but sadly it is very slowly coming back to life,we need much more rain yet.

With the gentleness of the rain comes the dusty paddocks slowly coming to life with the rebirth of weeds and wildflowers,enjoy some I took pics of last week,they were wonderful to see once more,they have been sadly missed.





Looking out from our front verandah the promise of more...I am thinking we are blessed.

5 comments:

  1. How nice that your contract will continue. I felt that you were a little sad to be relinquishing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading of rain coming to Australia; how lovely to see the reward. Another year of saving cannot go amiss, and you will enjoy your time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased to hear from you Carole. I can imagine you would miss this wonderful countryside workplace! If only we were neighbours, I would come and stay with Mum so you and your sweetie could go away in your van. I still tell my friends and we laugh about the "If the van's rockin" notice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life never works out the way you think it's going to. Enjoy your time. The weeds look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did the big cloud have a silver lining?

    ReplyDelete