Our Home our Haven

Our Home our Haven

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

It is a big year for Bob, Georgie and I this year.We have placed our resignations in to Australia Post for the 30th April.I am having trouble getting my head into that space as I love my job and although I am ready to enjoy some quiet time I see many people each day and love them all.I sometimes am first to hear the news of a new baby,the passing of a loved one or the loss of a baby,broken hearts,family feuds etc,same for Bob he is not only the town postie but confidant to many.
The sad day when my mail delivery car was decorated for my last Christmas as a bush postie.




Poor Georgie...first he had 5 minutes of fame last year,plastered all over the national Daily Telegraph and Sunrise Tv and the Today show chasing him and Australia Post stopped his career before it started lol,(we like it better that way anyway.)..Now he is suffering withdrawals....
Crofts are shut for January!.he is craving Crofts Pies so much Bob cooked himself a frozen one and Georgie was over quick as a flash, he also loves Crofts salad rolls especially the Beetroot,many ...times travellers pull Bob over to take a pic of them eating at Crofties, some people say they should call the RSPCA most love seeing him and think it is great, the problem is Georgie thinks he is a person so the RSPCA is not good..best call DOCS..he also loves Potato Straws and chips,yogurt ,white coffee 2 sugars(if you have it another way you are safe lol) he loves Red wine,he hates anything made with light milk or diet food.
Bless his heart,he will miss all this when we give up work,I think we are going to have to have a little plan so he can have a ride on the bike occasionally and have a weekly Crofties!




 

13 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will miss it all, but maybe it is time for you to enjoy other things in your lovely region.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love retirement and think you both will too. I am as busy as ever, but with things I choose to do. I love the blue front of your home, and the porch. Will you be staying where you live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we will stay here,hopfully teavel a bit later on we still have Mum full time,she turned 94 2 weeks ago and is getting frail.We sue our front verandah all the time Bob watches the sunset every single day.

      Delete
  3. Hi Carole, Yes retirement is a different way of life, it has taken me a year to grow into it, but now I enjoy being able to do what I want when I want and with whom I want. And I can duck in to see everyone if I want to. No deadlines or rules. I'm sure you will find plenty to do, so don't get disheartened.
    Good luck, I'll be waiting to hear of your new adventures as retirees.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big change for you all, but I hope, a time filled with new hobbies and activities and a chance to unwind and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol i am so enjoying catching up on your posts and love that your mum still helps with the xmas puddings,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad I have found you again......I got a new hard drive and lost some of my bookmarks but just found you and have been getting up to date....sorry to hear of Mum's condition but you are a wonderful daughter to her.....may God bless you for all you do for her.
    I know it will be a big change for you not being 'out and about' to hear all the local news but you will find other things will definitely fill that space...have no fear.
    Well done to the grandson.....think I've told you our second son is in the RAF - it's great that they are taught discipline....my hubby says all boys and girls should do National Service!!
    I'll be reading you from now on again.
    Best wishes to all three (or should I say 4) from Northern Ireland...daffodils are peeping through and snowdrops in full bloom....and it is light until 6 p.m. at the moment...a great stretch in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all is well.I'm way behind in blogging and it seems like a while since you wrote an update.\
    Happy Valentines Day,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just need to know how to get a website started. I want to make a fan site for a new band. I know that I have to pay for a domain, but I’m confused about how to purchase & build a website. Help please? Thanks in advance! (:. Thanks everyone! (:
    obat kuat
    obat kuat semarang

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Carol,

    Missing you in blog land and hoping all is well with you and your family. Hope you return soon,

    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Carol,

    Missing you in blog land and hoping all is well with you and your family. Hope you return soon,

    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Carol,

    Missing you in blog land and hoping all is well with you and your family. Hope you return soon,

    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Common issues in Binance+1-877-846-2817 exchange

    Are you having unlimited troubles in your Binance account? It includes error like sign up issues, log in issues, password issues, etc and in order to deal with them, you can always take help from the team who is always ready to assist you at every step. All you have to do is to reach them and get verified results that are easy to execute. Talk to them via calling on Binance customer support number which is functional always and a source through which users can avail all types of solutions related to troubles in nick of time.
    Click for more info: https://www.cryptophonesupport.com/exchange/binance/

    ReplyDelete