Our Home our Haven

Our Home our Haven

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Home Safe after Travel

We have been away for a few weeks for a holiday to New Zealand. It is a wonderful country to visit,although very like home it is a place with a young history like Australia at the same time it is so different.
A place of high peaked mountains,water the colour of the bluest eyes,The beaches don't have he lovely white sand that we have,it is a brown colour,but we can forgive them that .
We visited Christchurch the city badly damaged by a terrible earthquake 5 years ago and reconstruction still going on.
It is a country of 2 islands North and South Island and the North is a majestic island paradise made up of many smaller islands just beautiful and the South is rugged high mountains,glaciers and rain forests a great mix,large lakes and bays gushing geisas and bubbling volcanic mud.
We had a farm stay among many  things and it was such fun, we went to Hobbiton where The Hobbitt and Lord of the Rings were made it was fabulous.
Here are a few little pics.







7 comments:

  1. It must have been so good to have a holiday, and what a wonderful place you visited! Love th Hobbit house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's where you have been! Looks like you had a wonderful time. I would love to visit Hobbiton someday...
    Hope you are keeping well my dear friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to be able to spend this time together and take such an amazing trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday in my part of the world. I'm in the south of the South Island and love it but the ruggedness of the the West Coast is where my heart is.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my Carole what beautiful pics,sounds like an awesome holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Carole,
    What beautiful photos of an amazing holiday! I am always surprised by the number of people in Montana I meet who are originally from New Zealand. Many say they came to Montana for the horses and western lifestyle. I've also met numerous Montanan's who love to visit New Zealand. Maybe someday I'll go, but for now I am quite content with my eastern Montana prairie.
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.
    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete