Our Home our Haven

Our Home our Haven

Monday, May 2, 2011

                                                       Simply Hopeful.

Today is a toughie for us all here, my sister in law faces her breast surgury, we are so far away and all we can do is pray that they get all the nasty MR C. She has her operation about 3.30pm today .
Jan is a good person she works tirelessly for Red Cross,has been on her own for about 25 years and finished raising 5 children alone.Just recently Jan received a medal from RC for 20 years service, she is called to all emergencies across our state and also Queensland as she distributes help to those stranded and just came back from Cardwell and Tully after the  recent hard times.Jan also received Citizen of the Year for Grafton the same year I did for here and it was a family joke that it was a set up,Jan also is a leason officer for the Aboriginal community in her area as she is always mistakenly taken for an elder,it became a situation where she was actually asked by the local aborigine people to speak for them and is considered a member,she has had a amazing journey.
Love has eluded her,she was not allowed to marry the boy of choice way back as he was of German descent and as her father was a prisoner of them in the war he would not allow it,she then married a fellow that gave her a life of hell,I would be over the moon if Jan could find love again and she deserves it so much.
Today we pray and send our love to you,I am thankful for the time we shared a couple of weeks ago and we will get you down here for some R&R as soon as we can God bless you Jan.

5 comments:

  1. Bless her. I so hope she goes on alright. Carole, how sad that she was not allowed to marry the love of her life. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Jan; sounds like she's had, and is having, it a bit rough. Very sad story about her German friend; my oldest son is married to a German girl.

    I wish her a speedy and total recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan will be in my prayers....

    Hugs

    Sandyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will keep Jan in my thoughts as I go about my day XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. i will pray for Jan ,what a beautiful person,and all she has helped ,a special lady with a beautiful heart,get well soon Jan.oxox

    ReplyDelete