Our Home our Haven

Our Home our Haven

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

  

A weekend of Wonder and the Flowing of Tears.


Last Saturday almost all my craft group The Cackle Club went to Sydney to the Quilt and Craft Fair in the city of Sydney at Darling harbour. One of the most beautiful places you could ever wish to see,right at the city centre on the harbour not far from the Opera House. Having said all that we did not see any of that as we were star gazing at the quilts.Amazing works were shown and some more works of art than sewing as the new thing is combining paint and thread,just amazing.
We had a long day leaving the country at 6am to arrive in the city at 10am and leaving at 4pm to get back at 8pm absolutely pooped but in a happy way.
The highlight for us was to meet Ella from Ella and Skysie the lady that we do a lot of our work from her patterens. She was delightful and we were like teenagers meeting a movie star, she is so talented and we do try to do her work justice.





from left to right Wendy, myself,Ella,Gloria,Karen,Edith(in blue) and Heather.
We shopped till we dropped although I did not buy much I just wanted to look at all the lovelies.I find my stash is so big I will never finish it all in my lifetime,so I just bought what I loved,( an apron with a crinolin lady to be embroidered, some vintage lace for when I ever go into a vintage swap lol) knew I would do and I am going to have a big clean out next weekend and share my goodies around to those who will use them,I think we all end up with piles that the family will sort out one day,Iwill just keep the things I really want as I have a full container of beautiful mohair as I make bears too but lately have not done any then there is the folk art things and then the quilting,gee we could have purchased another house lol not really but you know what I mean. I did take some pics of the quilts but they were taking so long to download today I gave up and settled for these 2.I will try to put the others on after the weekend .






Then at cackle Club today one of our girls Edith gave me a lovely rose gift bag, I was thinking she was donating something to me towards our next years seniors day as I collect for it all year. When I opened it there was a scarf towards next year and another lovely wrapped package,when I opened it she had made me a wool throw all wool embroidered. I had watched her do this for weeks many times saying I knew a lovely home for it,just joking. I was reduced to tears that someone would care so much for me to give me such a gift, I am a giver I do not often receive how blessed was I, howling like a baby and so lucky that I have found such friends with such beautiful hearts to share my Tuesdays with.Thank you Edith it will be Treasured for all time.I shall write of this day in my journal with pride.

7 comments:

  1. Carole, the picture reveals in your faces the fun you were having! I know you enjoyed it. I enjoyed your post and the pictures. Gerry PS: I need to have a clean out in my fabric and trims stash, too..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all had great fun and what wonderful friends you have. The picture of the aqua coloured quilt is beautiful.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day you had !Im sure you would have been very tired,thats alot of shopping in one day :0)
    The throw is beautiful,what a lovely gift.
    Its so nice to have special friends.
    My email address in on my profile page,Im only too happy to help you with the soap if I can :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there Carole....!

    THANKS so much for dropping by my place earlier....It was LOVELY to hear from you.... :o) !

    Your Crackle Club sounds like so much fun I'm ENVIOUS....!! How wonderful for you to be able to share your passions in person with so many like minded women....!!

    I look forward to reading more about what makes you smile....!

    Have a GREAT weekend....!!

    Cheers,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Carole. Glad you all had such a good day out. That throw is absolutely beautiful and more so because it's a special present.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift, so thoughtful and kind. When you wrap it round your shoulders, you'll be wrapping yourself in the love that Edith sewed in every stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, we have been paired up for Karen's vintage swap. If you visit my blog, you will find my email on my sidebar and we can exchange addresses for the swap!

    ReplyDelete