Our Home our Haven

Our Home our Haven

Saturday, October 15, 2011

                                               



                                                   Friends day Sunday

I have 2 special friends that have a few little troubles family wise and there is no quick fix, i think we have all been there and still most of us if we are honest,there is always a little underlying something that worries us late at night.
Anyway I have not used the overlocker yet that I was left from out kates mother in law Ruth so today Wendy and Lyn are coming for the day.Wendy is going to show me the correct way to use my overlocker and we are going to sew and laugh perhaps a tear or two but the object is to make our grandaughters some more headbands,do the childrens Xmas shorts and have a nice time...O'h is forgot the most important part eating!!!!!







I made a challenge to myself, to make everything from what is here and no quick trip to the shops so here is todays food minus the boring bits lol.
Bob is going to do marinated chicken pieces(from the freezer) that have been soaking in our home made Chilli and Plum sauce overnight, we will cut all mixed vegies and mix in a little oil and garlic and roast them, he will do these in the webber for us,home grown cauliflower and greens,that will be lunch did not take pics of that.




                                                         Scones in the making
                 

                                                              Finished product.
For morning tea we have scones that I have just made,home made strawberry jam and double dip cream that I got with my groceries earlier in the week.


                                                 
                                        Peaches generously drizzled with golden syrup.
                                           Home brand cake mix for the top(or bottom really)
                                                                Finished product.

For sweets we will have an upside down peach and syrup cake... I have no idea what this will taste like as the peaches are home stewed and frozen,defrosted,placed in the bottom of my tin,drizzled with golden syrup from the pantry, a mixed homebrand buttercake mix on top and we will have this with custard and cream,I will turn it out upside down...and did and it looks ok..what time do we get to eat this? lol
So plenty of sewing and eating today, the most important ingredient though is friendship,shoulders to lean on and the wonderful gift of confidentiality as there will be no one else knowing of the talks we have.
Sometimes I feel I have no friends that I can confide in and feel all lost and at sea, I have known both these girls for many years,we go to cackle club etc and often have a day when if I am taking one of the grandchildren back they come for company, I have not asked them around for the day before as I thought they would not be interested,although I have gone and gotten Lyn before (the jazzy  self taught crochet lady) but it needed just to be me and her then as she was so upset, I digress!!! as usual..I just rang them both on Friday as I was feeling yukk that I could not be with kate on her birthday and asked them around, they were so excited as they often feel like asking me and think as I have Bob and Mum (they are both alone now)that I would not want to come...hello!!!! just ask me there are times I am so crowded I need just a little different company.
So here we are it is Sunday morning, neither friends drive so I will collect them about 10ish,I have to food all prepared and my sewing pile ready..I thank God for allowing me the pleasure of their company.that today His day I will be doing something that is good,Mum will be with us too as she loves them both,if they like it maybe we will make this a monthly thing to do,take turns who's home it is at but I am happy to have it here then Mum gets to have a chat to someone  different.
Bob will do things in the shed,join us for food and as he is cooking the lunch I think he is a trooper!
Today is a grateful day and I am truley that, if I can't be with my children and their families this is surely the next best thing!

10 comments:

  1. All a good read and we can all respond to said things. A shed is a good place, for the men, they say hello and then it is sweet goodbye and on with the chatter, life is easy after all when we don't get to hung up on our selves and remember that Love was lavishly given.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor old Bob...banished to the shed. If possible I'd be over to join him, and go fishing maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you had a wonderful day Carole,yummy that food looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food looks delicious! Hope you have had a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something very special about days with girl friends. Have a lovely time together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carole,I'd be with you in a flash,if I could...big hugs to you xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could join you too.

    Lost a number of best friends over the years, but now married to one so he's around for keeps!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great day and it would be fun. I am looking forward to seeing the finished projects if you had time for those with all the talking :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a friend around a couple of weeks back for a crafting afternoon. It was great fun. I think we don't make enough time these days to do things like that. Hope your day was lovely - the food certainly looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the day went well. I've got 3 friends round tomorrow for a 'very laid back' singalong. They sing and I play the piano. This may or may not become a regular thing. We'll just see how it turns out. We like to play.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete