Our Home our Haven

Our Home our Haven

Monday, October 31, 2011

                                                A New Outfit for George

I was getting fabrics ready for all my Christmas sewing and to have a sewing day with Lyn on Sunday and decided that although we thought George was a boy for over 3 years I cannot see him in roses and lace! so one of the fabrics I had was with skateboards and thought George would love it as he wore it to work yesterday.

 Just like kids George always moves his head at the vital moment lol.This is his nappy suit for those that have not read of them before, I bought his first one he had as a baby from Ebay it cost $40!!!!! we have adapted the pattern over the years to fit him as he grew and they take me about 10 minutes and small amount of fabric,elastic and velcro..if anyone has a bird that lives in the home these are great and i am happy to send you a pattern.We cut the smallest size disposable baby nappy in half and it slips in the front, no mess on the furniture or more important on the mail.


I have posted on the Christmas challenge my list of what I am going to make, sorry to the girls i have not got it on my sidebar yet , I am trying to work it out, a lovely has given me direction,I just have to do it!  the blog hosting this is Polka Dot Daze...please visit her lovely blog.

Have a great day,may blessings abound you as you go through your day.

5 comments:

  1. love George's new outfit,1 smart looking bird there Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing George's new outfit.

    What a smart bird!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comment on my Christmas Challenge list!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so nifty. I don't have a bird, but what a great idea.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete