Our Home our Haven

Our Home our Haven

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

                                                                 Just a  little post


Bob and I have had a huge 2 weeks. The owners of the Post Office are on holiday and every year we fill in for them doing the sorting,this means we start work 2 hours earlier everyday and we are pooped!!!
We do not do the actual Post Shop but out the back where all the sorting is done, by the time we are ready to do our own job we have already handled the mail 2 times and our eyeballs are spinning lol.

Anyway it is also daylight saving time so that means there is still plenty of time to get jobs done of an afternoon.

Bobs beetroot is ready so we have harvested the first lot and bottled it and the next lot are coming along nicely.So here is what I/we have been up to.

 Bobs beetroot, last year they did not grow properly,now I think he's got it right,the new ones he has growing are strange almost carrot like so we can't wait for them they will be great for bottling,these were lovely not woody or anything..perfect Bob.
 Four nice sized jars,a good amount at a time I think.
 Home made Lemon cordial,I had forgotten how easy this was to make and how delicious and refreshing,as soon as I smelt the mix after adding the lemons I was a child again in Nanna's kitchen.

I love doing littla baby singlets, I had given the others away already they had 3 rabbits on them and trains,the smocking is so easy and looks sweet although looking at this it looks like perhaps I was a bit crooked lol o'h well it will be original. Baby singlets are something I buy when they are on special as you can do a little animal whenever you have a few minutes free and there is always someone you care about expecting..I also do bees,boats,roses and buds and have done a spider once and I did not like that...I know some ladies that do the baby socks but I am not that clever!
Have a great day everyone and enjoy doing whatever your day brings.xx

7 comments:

  1. Gee Carole you are busy people,that beetroot looks fantastic, you cant beat homecooked beetroot,yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! Your beetroot looks great, would have to be my favorite vegie especially roasted. Those singlets are so cute, my daughter always had rosebuds on hers compliments of my Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I MUST go and see how my beetroot is doing. Anything containing lemon gets my vote (as long as it's not too sweet); maybe we could have your cordial recipe sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I lived near you and could call in for a cuppa :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy. Everytime I see your home I wish I could sit on your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bob's beetroot looks really good. There is one variety of beetroot that does grow a bit like a carrot - can't remember the name but it's good for slicing and bottling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vests are great...what a good idea to pick them up on special...you are away ahead of yourself! Please share the lemonade recipe sometime when time permits.....

    ReplyDelete